PLUG Magazine presents CultureFest, a 2-day, 1-weekend event to showcase local LGBT+ artists and highlight underrepresented communities in Hong Kong. There will be workshops, performances, an exhibition and a marketplace hosted all together as a headlining event of Pink Season 粉紅天, Asia’s largest LGBT+ festival.
Join us for CultureFest at The Hive Spring in Wong Chuk Hang on October 6-7, 2018. Enjoy an immersive experience in Hong Kong’s creative hub during a fun weekend of events that invite you to visit and stay in this vibrant arts neighbourhood. Stop in for a bit, or hang out all weekend!
RSVP now to stay informed of all the updates and special offers introduced through the event page, and share with friends who would love to join you at CultureFest!
Participating NGO’s: Art Women, Enrich HK, Tree Of Life｜生命樹, Planet Ally, Transgender Resource Center 跨性別資源中心, Gabriela Hong Kong, 香港彩虹 Rainbow of Hong Kong, Rainbow Families of Hong Kong 香港彩虹家庭 and more.
– a showcase of young, HK-based LGBT+ creators displaying recent and brand new work for sale
– a diverse range of underrepresented groups in Hong Kong on hand to sell work from their communities and introduce you to their cause
– captivating photographs from ‘The Kiss Series’ by Bex and Nic Gaunt
– new gestural watercolor work from local artist Ha Yat Sing
– (Sat) #FreeMyLibrary Story Hour: reading of the childrens story books that the government banned from libraries
– (Sun) The Unsung Heroes: a choir made exclusively of overseas foreign workers, recently featured in The Helper Documentary
– ‘Power Protest’ T-shirt designing (Sat)
– ‘Positivity’ Collage + Zine-making (Sat)
– ‘Share Your Story’ Spoken word lab (Sun)
> Stay tuned for ticketing details! 🎟
Light snacks will be provided during the day, with an afternoon bar sponsored by Absolut.
👯 After Party
8pm Saturday night AfterParty will be held at Ovolo Hotels art bar just around the corner. Free entry, CultureFest wristband gets you 2 standard drinks for $100HKD.