Heart Productions need your help! Their movie which features local LGBT life is nearly done; the movie is looking great thanks to the hard work of their young crew, however there is still a bit of work to be done so support their endeavor as a community.
Dine, drink and watch some exclusive clips of the film and meet the director and cast: attend their crowdfunding launch party to find out how you can be a part of the film!
- Happy Hour all Standard drinks $50 available until 2200.
- Free nibbles provided by our sponsors FLM.
- 1930 – 2130 Meet and talk to director and actors. Find out more about being part of film.
- 2130 – 2200 Screening of exclusive clips and behind the scenes
- Venue is FLM: 62 Jervois St, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Friday at 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
About the Film: I Miss You When I See You 看見你便想念你
Kevin and Jamie are high school buddies who share one brief but passionate kiss before Kevin departs for Canada. They lose contact and it is more than ten years later when they meet again.
If they hadn’t reconnected, their lives would probably be very different, yet they would not have realized what they had missed—thus the name of the film.
Hong Kong appears to be a tolerant international city, and there are few cases of overt homophobia. Homosexuals can live a comfortable life within their bubble, as long as they remain socially invisible.
This film explores what it means to be gay in Hong Kong through the stories of two characters who wrestle with their outsider status in vastly different ways, and in the end they must choose whether to follow what society dictates or their own hearts.
- Release Date: June 2017
- Genre: Independent Film, Gay, drama, romantic film
- Studio: Heart Productions
- About: Award Winning Hong Kong Director Simon Chung’s 4th Feature Film
“When two old school friends reconnect”
- Plot Outline: Jamie reencounters his old school friend, Kevin, who has been suffering from depression, and must make a choice between following his heart or society.
- Bryant Mak
- Jun Li
- Candy Cheung
- Directed By: Simon Chung
- Written By: Simon Chung & Dana Fukazawa
- Screenplay By: Simon Chung
- Produced By: Simon Chung & Sophia Shek